We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users; in this policy we explain how we will handle your personal data.
What information about you do we collect?
Our Website typically collects two kinds of information about you:
- information that you voluntarily provide that personally identifies you; and
- information that does not personally identify you, but that we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide.
Personally identifiable information we may collect are:
- your name, address, email and phone number (or other contact information)
- payment details
- any other information you voluntarily provide to us
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information, for example:
- details of your domain name and Internet Protocol (IP) address
- your web browser, your computer operating system
- cookie details
- details of websites you were on directly before you visited our Website
- search terms you use on our Website, the pages you visit and the duration of your visit(s)
Personally identifiable information you voluntarily provide
We may ask for certain personal information from you for the purpose of providing to you content and/or services that you request. For example, if you indicate an interest in receiving media releases about Trendtype Ltd, we ask you to submit your name and e-mail address, which we retain on our database, so that we may send you the information that you requested.
We also request your name and e-mail address each time you contact us by clicking on the “Contact Us” link. We may retain a record of users who have contacted us in order to respond properly to questions or concerns and for purposes of future communications.
- Correspondence: We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data”). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. For example. our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users.by filling in the contact form with their Data, you authorise us to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
- Mailing List or Newsletter: by registering on the mailing list or for the newsletter, your email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of commercial or promotional nature. Your email address might also be added to this list as a result of signing up or after making a purchase. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
- Purchases: We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our website (“transaction data”). The transaction data may include your contact details, your card details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract and our legitimate interests, namely our interest in the proper administration of our website and business.
How do we use the information we collect?
We generally use the information you provide to understand what you need from us. The personal information you submit is used to:
- carry out your requests and respond to your inquiries
- contact you in relation to any services or products you may have requested
- subject to your consent, provide you with marketing information about our other products or events or those other affiliated companies (“affiliated companies”).
You may opt-out at any time from receiving marketing information from us or our affiliated companies, or direct that we not share your information with any affiliated companies (see below).
Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in an activity, realise a benefit offered, or gain access to content on our Website.
We use non-personal information in a variety of ways including to:
- analyse site traffic
- understand customer needs and trends
- carry out targeted marketing activities
- generally improve our services
We may share your non-personal information with our affiliated companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others.
International transfers of your personal data
The transfer of personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) is subject to special rules under UK and European law. We use services hosted by third parties, such as Mailchimp and Google Analytics, which are situated in the United States of America. Transfers will be protected by appropriate safeguards and in line with the GDPR-compliant privacy policies of the third party services we use.
We always reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information about you if we are required to do so by law, to fulfil a government request, to protect or defend our (or other user’s) legal rights or property or in an emergency to protect the safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
Information transfer on sale
As we develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity.
Other sites and links
Our Website may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites.
How do you modify your information and/or opt out?
If you visit the Website and volunteer personally identifiable information, you may modify, update or delete such information by visiting the My Account area where you will have the opportunity to access and revise certain of your personally identifiable information.
You’re welcome to contact us if you wish to make corrections to any personal information you’ve provided to us or if you want to opt-out from receiving future commercial correspondence (including emails) from us or wish to withdraw consent to sharing your personal information with others.
Please let us know by clicking the ’unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our email, emailing privacy@trendtype or writing to us at “Opt Out”, Trendtype Limited, Impact Hub Brixton, Pop Brixton, 49 Brixton Station Rd, London, SW9 8PQ, United Kingdom. Please include your name and email address within any correspondence, so we can easily identify you.
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of the personally identifiable information that we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as installing electronic security systems that guard against unauthorized access. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, so you do so at your own risk.
Data controller and owner
This website is owned and operated by Trendtype Ltd.
Trendtype Ltd is registered in England and Wales under the company number 08413684. Our registered address is Impact Hub Brixton, Pop Brixton, 49 Brixton Station Rd, London, SW9 8PQ, United Kingdom.
You can contact us:
- by post, to the postal address given above;
- using our website contact form;
- by telephone, on the contact number published on our website
- by email, using email@example.com
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Our data protection registration number is ZA247186.